Wow. Jaw dropping time. Here we have an original 1962 Fender Stratocaster in fiesta red over sunburst. That's right, back in this time when Selmer used to distribute Fender into the UK they used to refinish them in a colour the customer wanted. Due to the popularity of The Shadows at this time, the colour of choice was of course Fiesta Red. The colour as expected has faded over time and this is where we know the 'coral pink' or 'salmon pink' from. In some cases too (no pun) Fender would ship their guitars to Selmer without Fender branded cases which Selmer would then use their own faux croc skin cases to supply to the customers in the UK.
What We Know About It ;
- All original pots, hardware, 3 way switch, switch tip, knobs and pickups.
- Neck and body to the guitar are original to each other and the neck is pencil dated as 01 - '62 which would make this January 1962.
- Brazilian Rosewood Slab Fingerboard.
- The neck was re-lacquered in 1978/79 by John Birch guitars Birmingham, although the original wear and tear wasn't discarded of. You can still see all of the mojo through the lacquer.
- The neck pickup was re-wound in 2010 by Jaydee guitars Birmingham using vintage correct Formvar pickup wire. This was due to the pup being dead.
- The 3 original tremolo springs are present but there's also two new springs by their side (easily removed).
- No original case. Will be supplied with a Gator Pro Tour Case.
So all of the above is what we know about the guitar to be true at the time of listing this. Pictures of the pickups, pots, guts etc will be supplied upon request.